Pinwheel Bites are a quick and delicious recipe that parents can make for their children and an easy way for kids to get involved in the kitchen.
Nature’s Own Turkey
Pinwheel Bites are the perfect snack to make use of the all the leftover turkey that gets pushed to the back of the fridge every Thanksgiving. Pinwheel Bites are a quick and delicious recipe that parents can make for their children. They are an easy way for kids to get involved in the kitchen, be creative, and have some fun, all while learning how to become their very own chef. Nature’s Own is America’s favorite soft variety bread and provides an array of delicious baked goods that cater to every taste and dietary need.They are made with nature’s best ingredients, free of any artificial preservatives, colors, and flavors.
Ready in: 25 minutes +30 minutes of chill time
8 slices Nature’s Own Whitewheat® Bread, crusts removed
1/4 cup cream cheese spread
1/2 cup packed baby spinach leaves
2 ounces deli-sliced smoked turkey
1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1. Flatten bread slices with rolling pin until very thin.
2. Spread each with 1 tablespoon cream cheese spread.
3. Layer evenly with spinach, green onions, tomato and turkey
4. Press gently on layers to compress slightly.
5. Starting at a long end, roll up bread slice to enclose filling; pinch edge closed.
6. Wrap each roll tightly in plastic wrap; chill 30 minutes.
7. To serve, cut each roll crosswise into 4 slices, forming pinwheels.